Thursday, 7 March 2013

Task 4 - Post Production

In our post-production process I have used Final CutPro software to do the rough cut and the whole editing of our music video. The software was uploaded to a Mac computer. Final Cut Pro is a very convenient piece of software, which has all the necessary options for the professional editing. We binned all the shots and named them to know which shots are in which bin, and them lip-synced all the shots. I cropped, cut and swapped the shots as I needed(in groups to create more tension) to receive a perfect image. 

For the website I have used online piece of software Wix.com. It enabled me and my group to create a free design of the website for our band "Reportage", which is an essential promotional tool.
In order to create a CD digipack, I have used Adobe Photoshop. There are a lot of filters and tools to manipulate for the digipack to look as much of a 'real product' as possible.


After the video was edited perfectly, I converted it into the HD quality and uploaded to the YouTube, in order to contribute to the UGC and make our video become global and receive the feedback.


In conclusion, my understanding and the skills in using the digital technologies improved a lot, since I have never spent that much time with such a big variety of technological products. Especially, those I had had no idea how to use previously e.g.Adobe Photoshop, Wix. All members of my group put a lot of creativity in our coursework thereafter our progress is noticeable.I feel confident in using all the technological products me and my group faced during the process of the work on our music video, CD digipack and website and I feel i acquired a big progress in my technological skills, partly due to the convergence because all the software and hardware are much easier to use nowadays in the Online Age.

1 comment:

  1. Lysa
    What you have posted is good but it is too brief. You need to add more detail to how you have used digital technologies. I may suggest the following: write about and upload my animatic under the heading of research and planning. I would also upload the time-laspe of the shoot day to show how digital technology helps make a record of what you achieved.
    Whilst editing your video you also record the process on the macs. this can also be uploaded and and commented upon. Add a final paragraph which demonstrates decision making with the digital technology and creativity and progress made

    ReplyDelete